Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Twist







It's been too long...



Today a group of us dirty knitters, Sallie, Jill, Becky, Lynette, and myself, met at the local Starbucks and piled into Jill's Merlot colored "mommy Suburban" and headed to Manhattan Beach to a wonderful yarn shop called Twist, and I loved it. The owner, Kathy, is a lovely lady with golden hair and very zen. She has managed to do a lot with a very small space and boy was I impressed. She had tons of Malabrigo, Handmaiden, and the best part yarns with a conscience like frog tree...She offers classes and has great samples all around for those of us who ask "OMG this is awesome, but what do I do with it?" After shopping we walked over to a little restaurant for lunch called El Gringo. Delish. I recommend the flautas, but be sure to split the meal because it's huge! The sangria is good and the margs are stiff. Make a day of it girls--knit, drink, eat! What a great way to spend the day.



So, I have deemed this the official start of my yarn vacation since I had to make a few purchases after I swore yet again that I wasn't going to buy anymore yarn until our vacation (and the anniversary sale at the LYS I work for didn't count). My husband and I are flying up to Seattle (I've never been there) in two days for my 40th birthday and riding our Harley all the way back to Sunset Beach, CA. Along the way I get to hit all the marvelous yarn shops I've heard so much about & do a little wine tasting on a side trip to Napa.



I'm looking forward to the trip and I will be checking in along the way if I can get my phone Internet to cooperate with me. Other wise, I'll post all my favs when I return. In the mean time get your butts over to Twist. It's worth the drive.








1 comment: