Friday, September 18, 2009

Gifts




It is 1:37 in the morning and I can't sleep yet again. It is also the day after my 40th birthday. As I rest in the warm glow of our alarm clock and listen to the soft hum of my husband's thick breath I started thinking about all the wonderful things knitting as given me.


Knitting has given me...


A place to put my worries

A place to escape

Patience

Perseverance

A place to be quiet

A way to be kind to others

New friends

A way to give to others

Creativity when I thought I didn't have any

A great job

The color wheel

Books

Nature

Something to write about

A room of my own

Warmth

Humor

A community

A place to put my hands

A sense of accomplishment

Something to talk about

Education

Christmas gifts

A way to help others

Something to be proud of


What has knitting given you? I'd love to know.







No comments:

Post a Comment