Monday, July 20, 2009

dirty knitters unite

My friend Liz started calling me "dirty knitter" after I gave her a cute little pale green knitted cap...you know the one out of Stitch and Bitch Nation, the cabled newsboy cap, she loved it and instantly dubbed me "dirty knitter." I can hear her scratchy, alcohol induced drawl..."Yoooou Dirrrty Knnnitttrrrrr..." She knows I love dive bars, tattoos, and knitting. All I have to say is when all three are combined I'm in heaven...FUCK YEAH, but, what she doesn't know is that I love knitting the most. Knitting rocks, and maybe I am a little white trash; for example, my taste buds crave Coors light and cheap whiskey, but I also long for luxurious yarn. Dear Lord, I've only been knitting six years and I already have a stash the size of Emelda Marcos' shoe collection. What an oxymoron--dirty knitter. When I thought of knitting growing up I pictured little old ladies knitting their hundredth pair of slippers, or classy women working only with cashmere, or fishman's wives knitting Ganseys, but really, knitters are just regular people with an addiction worse than crack...YARN! I decided to start writing about my life as a knitter and yarn shop employee (discount yo!) because this is a place where I can blab about my yarn addition and knitting without boring all my non-knitter friends (even if they do like all the hats). So, if you're one who takes their knitting to the local pub, camping, or on Harley road trips come along for the ride as I write about my white trash adventures in knitting!

Cheers,
the dirty knitter

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world

    nannersandnoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete